If you were involved in a motorcycle accident or any other type of motor vehicle collision and were seriously injured, it is important to get a consultation from a knowledgeable Dallas and Fort Worth motorcycle accident attorney. Mizani Law Firm is available 24/7, and will travel to you to offer a free motorcycle accident consultation in Dallas, Fort Worth TX.
At Mizani Law Firm, we are committed to ensuring that our clients injured in a motorcycle accident receive the compensation they deserve. Our Fort Worth motorcycle accident attorney have a proven record of success handling these claims, and are prepared to go toe-to-toe with the insurance company.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Some motorcyclists crash because of their own errors. In many cases, however, a motorcyclist is not the one at fault in an accident. Others may cause motorcycle crashes, including:
- Distracted drivers – Motorcycles are already more difficult to see on the road than larger vehicles. Drivers who do not pay adequate attention to the road and surrounding traffic may easily miss motorcyclists around them. This may lead to dangerous lane changes, running a motorcyclist off the road, or rear-ending a motorcycle.
- Drunk drivers – Drunk drivers are a danger to everyone on the road, and motorcyclists are no different. Similar to distracted drivers, impaired people may not focus on the road well enough to notice motorcyclists in their paths—and may crash into those bikes.
- Aggressive drivers – Sometimes, a driver may become overly frustrated with traffic and may take it out on the vehicles around them. When an aggressive driver threatens a motorcycle, serious crashes can occur.
- Traffic violations – Drivers of all types of vehicles must follow traffic laws, including speed limits, lane changing procedures, yield rules, and more. When drivers violate the law, they can crash into motorcyclists.
- Defective motorcycle parts – Some motorcycle accidents are not the fault of another driver, but of the company that manufactured the motorcycle or its parts. When an important part of a motorcycle is defective, a motorcyclist may easily lose control and crash.
- Road hazards – Hazardous conditions on the road are particularly dangerous for motorcyclists, because motorcycles cannot navigate through potholes, large cracks, gravel, or uneven pavement as well as other larger vehicles. Hitting a sudden hazard can cause a motorcyclist to lose control.
The above are only some examples of how negligent parties cause motorcycle accidents that can change the lives of motorcyclists. Make sure to identify any possible negligence that occurred so that you can protect your legal rights to compensation. Mizani Law Firm can help you determine which parties you may hold responsible for your accidents and injuries.
Motorcycle Crashes Can Result in Severe Injuries
Motorcycle accidents are so serious because motorcyclists have little to no protection from injuries. Some states do not require that all motorcyclists wear helmets, and some people choose not to do so. However, even with a helmet, motorcyclists can still sustain life-altering injuries.
Common injuries from motorcycle collisions include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Skull fractures
- Fractured collarbones
- Fractured ribs
- Broken jaws, noses, or cheekbones
- Eye injuries
- Broken arms, wrists, or hands
- Leg fractures
- Soft tissue sprains, strains, and tears
- Neck or back injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Internal hemorrhaging
Such injuries can require emergency medical attention, including an ambulance ride to the emergency department. Some victims may need immediate surgery and other treatments to stabilize their injuries, as well as hospitalization for a period of time for monitoring. Other common medical treatments can include physical and rehabilitative therapy, pain medication, home health assistance, and medical equipment.
Motorcycle accident victims not only will incur medical bills for all of the treatment they need, but they also regularly lose out on income from missing work while they recover from their injuries. These financial losses can be devastating and can damage many areas of an accident victim’s life. Because the losses can be so substantial, it is critical to know your rights as an accident victim.